Excellence In Wine, Spirits And Sake Education Since 1977
IWEG will be closed for the holidays starting at noon on December 18th. We will reopen and respond to your email inquiries on Monday, January 4th. Please do not leave voicemail messages during this time.
You can register and pay for all of our winter 2021 courses during the holiday season by selecting PayPal as the payment method; a PayPal account is not required. For online courses starting on January 11th, we require your payment no later than January 3rd.
COVID - 19 Update
November 20, 2020
Toronto to move back to lockdown - What this means for IWEG
On Friday, November 20th, the Government of Ontario announced that Toronto will move to lockdown for a minimum period of 28 days, starting Monday, November 23rd at 12.01 a.m. Please read the full announcement here.
The health and safety of our students, instructors, partners and staff continues to be our top priority.
As a result of the new public health guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and contain the second wave, the following operating procedures will be implemented with immediate effect:
- Online / remote delivery of courses and classes: all WSET online courses, as well as IWEG remote delivered courses via the Zoom videoconferencing platform, remain unchanged and will proceed as scheduled.
- Remote invigilation examinations: remote invigilation examinations for WSET Levels 1 and 2 Awards will continue as planned.
- All in-person examinations and tasting workshops, which were part of our fall semester “blended” delivery model for the months of November and December, will now be re-scheduled to opportune dates in the future in 2021.
- Please note that these examinations and workshops have not been cancelled. IWEG will re-schedule and will deliver these at a future time when public health guidelines and the pandemic situation provide us with greater comfort to do so safely.
- IWEG staff are here to help support, as best we can, students and instructors during these challenging and unprecedented times. Please note that all IWEG staff continue to work remotely and can be contacted by email.
- In keeping with the recommendations of public health and government authorities, there may be future changes to our operating procedures that we may be required to implement. Any new information will be shared with the IWEG community on a timely basis as decisions are made and communicated to us.
Lastly, we take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support, encouragement and patience as we navigate as best we can through these uncharted waters.
Why Study at IWEG?
IWEG Drinks Academy is the original and only Canadian school to offer all programs and qualifications of the Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) - including the flagship WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wine program - leading to internationally recognized certification in Wine, Spirits and Sake.
WSET programs, widely considered the gold standard in wine education, are now offered in more than seventy countries across the globe. IWEG is the recipient of the prestigious WSET Lifetime Achievement Award for spearheading establishment of the WSET programme in Canada and for excellence in wine and spirit education since 1977.
IWEG also offers Wine Scholar Guild's French Wine Scholar (FWS), Italian Wine Scholar (IWS) and Spanish Wine Scholar (SWS) courses, as well as Wines of Chile and Wines of Portugal Academy certification. Our unique Ontario’s Brave New Wines course, developed in conjunction with Ontario Craft Wineries, leads to Ontario Wine Specialist certification.
Our scheduling is diverse and flexible, offering in-class or online study; day or evening classes; and condensed or less intensive formats as well as custom corporate programming.
With over forty years of operation, IWEG is passionate about helping our students achieve their personal or professional goals. Our instructors are first and foremost professionally trained educators, as well as subject-area experts, dedicated to student engagement and success. Many of our WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wine and Spirits graduates have progressed to assume leadership roles in the Drinks and Hospitality industries in Canada.
We have higher than global average pass rates for WSET courses, and offer a unique student experience, including, proprietary study aids, the availability of study scholarships and field trips made possible by our Sponsors and trade partners, and a host of monthly networking events and sought after master-classes at the school.
We welcome the opportunity to help you find the right course for your needs. Explore our website or contact us to discuss opportunities that meet your needs and goals.
Give the gift of knowledge! Personalized Gift Cards available under Courses.
IWEG is a Canadian Registered Charity with Business Number 10808 4682 RR0001. Courses offered are HST exempt and tuition tax receipts are issued annually.