2019-21 WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines WSET
The Level 4 Diploma in Wines is a two year program.
It will start in August 2019 and run until May 2021.
Final dates to be confirmed.
Deadline to register and confirm your spot in the 2019-2021 new WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines qualification is Friday, June 28, 2019.
The Diploma Program is comprised of 6 separate units:
D1: Wine Production
D2: The Global Business of Wine
D3: Light Wines of the World
D4: Sparkling Wines of the World
D5: Fortified Wines of the World
D6: Research Paper
The WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines is a specialist qualification designed to provide in depth knowledge of the world of wine.
Holders of the WSET Level 4 Diploma will be able to identify characteristics of the principal wines of the world, make informed assessments of a products’ quality and value, and identify appropriate opportunities for the products within a given market.
Diploma Level graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to underpin the job requirements in roles such as a Food & Beverage Manager, a member of a marketing team responsible for product ranges, a Wine Buyer or a Sales Executive.
On completion of this qualification, a candidate will be able to:
Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the factors affecting the production of wine and how these factors influence style, quality and commercial value in a variety of market sectors.
Display an understanding of the trade and legal structures of the identified wine and spirit producing regions.
Demonstrate specialist product knowledge of wines and spirits and apply that knowledge to make commercial decisions.
Through the use of the Level 4 WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting Technique, identify the style, quality and commercial value of wine.
Produce accurate tasting notes for a range of wines
Understand the commercial and economic importance of wine in global and local markets.
Demonstrate an ability to make informed decisions based on in-depth understanding of the global business of wine
Present information in a format that meets business requirements.
The Diploma is a very rewarding, demanding and challenging program. Students are strongly encouraged to participate in all activities, accessing all of the study tools provided to facilitate success. This level of the program requires independent study as well as classroom work. There will be many hours of reading outside of class, and as much tasting of wine and spirits as possible. It is the only way to gain experience.
" ...With various courses leading up to the Diploma, WSET has, along with the Master of Wine, one of the best known wine qualifications in the world. The MW may be seen as the Rolls-Royce of wine qualifications but the WSET Diploma is the Bentley - less elitest and exclusive, mre accessible and, yup, more fun really." Ian Harris CEO WSET
"WSET rocks! The best place to start (and continue) your professional appreciation of wine." - Tim Atkin MW
Please Note: Students are registered into the study schedule as a class and are expected to complete their studies and assignments as scheduled. Any change in the curriculum will result in administration fees and additional class fees. Please be sure to discuss any changes with the IWEG Diploma Coordinators.
Policy on changing your exam date to an alternative date.
Please note IWEG's policy on changing your exam date:
When you register for a WSET or WSG course, you are booked to take your exam on a specific date, which is indicated in your Course Schedule. You can view this before registering, and when you register, you will be reminded.
If you decide not to write your exam on the date you are registered for, this is what you must know:
· For WSET Levels 1 to 3 and WSG courses, you have to ask to change the date at least 15 daysbefore the exam date, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For WSET Level 4 Diploma you have to ask to change the date at least 75 days before the exam date, by writing to email@example.com.
· You must pick a new exam date within 12 months from the start of your current course.
· You may change your exam date a maximum of two times during the 12 months. You can choose from any exam dates/re-sit dates listed on the course page of the IWEG website. It is possible that your first choice may not work, if the exam is full.
· Each time you change your exam date, there is a $150 fee.
· After the 12-month period, from the start of your current course, if you still need to sit the exam, you will be charged an exam “re-sit” fee, which varies depending on the course, as well as the $150 fee.
· The only exception to this policy is in case of a valid and verified personal or family emergency, subject to approval from WSET and WSG.
2019-21 WSET Level 4 Diploma in WinesFee: $9,200 September 9 - May 14, 2021