French Wine Scholar WSG
Updated Curriculum French Wine Scholar
An in-depth specialist certification focused on the diverse wines and wine regions of France. The French Wine Scholar™ program is an official certification and course of study designed by the Wine Scholar Guild to provide current, accurate information on all of the wine regions of France and validate proficiency in the wines and wine regions of France.
Prerequisite: None. However, WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is recommended, and WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is preferred. Expect to spend 25 hours of preparation and review over the duration of the course outside of classroom hours.
This 20-hour course provides detailed coverage of French AOC wines, as well as an introduction to French history, geography, viticulture and winemaking. You will:
- Develop specialist knowledge of the AOC wines of Alsace, Champagne, Jura, Savoie, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux, Rhône, Languedoc, Roussillon, Southwest France, Provence and Corsica
- Appreciate the cultural context of French wine
- Consider the vineyard and winery factors that contribute to wine styles
- Taste a range of French wines
Upon successful completion of a 100-question multiple-choice exam (passing grade is 75%) you will receive the French Wine Scholar (FWS) credential, certificate and lapel pin.
- FWS 280-page Study Manual (new 7th edition)
- A full-year access to all FWS online resources (videos, interactive quizzes, webinars, etc.)
- Exam registration fee
- Tutored tasting of a range of French wines
- Diverse hands-on group activities designed to enhance recall and address different learning styles
IWEG now offers an alternative to Pay Pal; to charge tuition directly to your credit card please call into the office at 416-534-2570.
IWEG Cancellation and Refund policy:
Please read IWEG's Cancellation and Refund Policy carefully before registering for courses.
Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
French Wine Scholar - Winter 2022Fee: $1,150 February 10 - May 5, 2022
French Wine Scholar - Winter 2022 Starts Feb. 10, 2022Cost: $1,150 IWEG Drinks Academy
Enroll for this Class ($1,150)Classes run from Thursday, February 10th - April 21st 2022, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. No class March 17th. Final exam May 5th 2022. Students will receive study manuals the first night of class. You are invited to pick up your study manual in advance. It is important for students to prepare for each week of study moving forward. In addition to weekly lectures, students will have access to the Wine Scholar Guild online learning modules, videos, quizzes, etc. These will be a great complement for your in class studies so please be sure to avail yourself to these tools. Please bring 6 ISO tasting glasses to class. Glasses are available for purchase from the IWEG office; $35/set. Please click on the PayPal button to charge tuition directly to your credit card or to use your PayPal account.