NEW! - Italian Wine Scholar Prep WSG
New to IWEG, we are proud to launch the latest wine education program from the Wine Scholar Guild, "Italian Wine Scholar Prep"
Who is the IWS Prep program for?
- Inquisitive wine enthusiasts wanting to become more familiar with the intricacies of Italian wine
- Aspiring wine professionals
- Hospitality professionals new to the world of Italian wine
- Anyone wishing to become more knowledgeable about Italy and its wine and food culture
Why choose Italian Wine Scholar Prep?
This engaging and informative course will enable students to:
- Acquire fundamental Italian wine knowledge in just weeks
- Refine their tasting skills
- Master the essential grapes and appellations of Italy’s major wine regions
- Navigate the seemingly complicated Italian wine classification system
- Be perfectly poised to continue wine studies with the prestigious Italian Wine Scholar ™ Study & Certification Program (IWS) certification program
What does the program cover?
- Italy is home to over 400 DOCs and DOCGs IWS Prep introduces the student to 39 of the most well known appellations.
- Thirty-two primary appellations are covered in significant detail, with seven appellations included to round out the curriculum.
- Grape varieties, wine profiles and labelling terms are all explored Each wine is presented within a regional and cultural context. Local landmarks and traditional cuisines are also highlighted.
What is included in the course?
- Classroom delivery in 3 x weekly sessions of 2.5 hours each:
- Background and Northern Italy
- Central Italy
- Southern Italy and Sparkling
- A beautifully designed, landscape format coursebook The Wines of Italy: Glass by Glass
- Access to high quality e-learning activities designed to enrich the coursebook and support different learning styles; these activities include interactive e-learning modules with additional cultural information, flashcards and quizzes.
- In-class tasting of a selection of Italian wines to illustrate some of the most well known appellations
- A 50 multiple choice questions exam to be completed in 1 hour.
Italian Wine Scholar PrepFee: $549 March 14 - March 28, 2022
Italian Wine Scholar Prep Starts Mar. 14, 2022Cost: $549 IWEG Drinks Academy
Enroll for this Class ($549)
Introducing Wine Scholar Guild's brand new foundation course on Italian Wines. Mondays, MARCH 14, MARCH 21 and MARCH 28, 2022, from 6pm to 8:30 pm at IWEG, 211 Yonge Street, Suite 501, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 1M4. Final exam on MARCH 28, 2022 at 6pm. 1 hour exam (50 multiple choice questions). Italy is home to over 400 DOCs and DOCGs IWS Prep introduces the student to 39 of the most well known appellations. Thirty two primary appellations are covered in significant detail, with seven appellations included to round out the curriculum Grape varieties, wine profiles and labelling terms are all explored. Each wine is presented within a regional and cultural context Local landmarks and traditional cuisines are also highlighted. Please bring 6 ISO tasting glasses to each class. Glasses are available for purchase from the IWEG office, $35/set-6. Please click on the PayPal button to charge tuition directly to your credit card or to use your PayPal account.