WSET - Level 1 Spirits WSET
A beginner level spirits course for those starting a career in the industry or beginning to explore spirits for personal interest.
This 6-hour course provides a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits, liqueurs and cocktails. You will:
- Explore the main types and styles of spirits through sight, smell, and taste
- Learn how to describe spirits accurately using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Develop an understanding of the main steps of spirits production
- Enjoy an extended exploration of cocktails, led by instructor Alexander Boyd
Upon successful completion of a 30-question multiple-choice exam you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- WSET Level Award in Spirits Workbook
- Tutored tasting of 9 benchmark spirits, and 2 cocktails
- Hands-on group activities
- Guided review to help prepare for the multiple-choice exam
- Special cocktail session with a cocktail expert
Available course formats: One full Saturday 9:30am to 4:45pm OR two consecutive Thursdays 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- Overview of spirits production
- WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- Basics of distillation and maturation
- Tutored tasting of Vodka, Cognac, Whiskey/Whisky and Rum
- Review activities
- Tutored tasting of Tequila and Gin
- Introduction to storage and service of spirits
- Hands-on cocktail experience
IWEG now offers an alternative to Pay Pal; to charge tuition directly to your credit card please call into the office at 416-534-2570.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Please read IWEG's Cancellation and Refund Policy carefully before registering for courses.
Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
WSET Level 1 Award in SpiritsFee: $495 February 28 - March 7, 2022
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits Starts Feb. 28, 2022Cost: $495 IWEG Drinks Academy
Enroll for this Class ($495)
This WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits is two evenings of study, Mondays, February 28 and March 7 2022, 6:30pm-9:00pm. Exam March 7 2022 @8:30pm. There will be 30 multiple choice questions.
Instructor: Alexander Boyd, DipWSET, Lead Bartender at the Delta Toronto
Students will have access to the Study Guide upon receipt of tuition and are required to read through the material before attending class in order to be familiar with the content and participate in activities. There will be a short break during each session. Workbook provided. 6 x ISO tasting glasses are required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase a set ($35/set).