This one-day course is ideal for someone curious about spirits and cocktails, who has little experience and no formal knowledge of the subject. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and pin.
Through a tutored tasting of premium spirits and cocktails, and a range of fun and educational activities, you will learn:
- What to expect from the different spirits categories
- Key facts about spirit production
- How to describe the styles and flavours of different spirits
- What the basic tools, glassware and ingredients are for famous cocktails and mixed drinks
- How to use basic cocktail theory to develop your own specialty drinks!
Join IWEG's Certified Specialist of Spirits and our local cocktail expert to expand your spirits knowledge! Participants who succesfully pass the 30-question-multiple-choice exam will receive an internationally recognized certificate from the Wine and Spirit Education Trust, and may choose to continue their studies with the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits, offered Fall 2017 at IWEG.
Fall course dates will be posted by June 2017.