WSET - Level 2 Spirits WSET
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
A beginner to intermediate level spirits course for enthusiasts or those working in the industry, or hoping to enter the industry.
Prerequisite: None. Expect to spend 16 hours of preparation and review outside of the classroom over the duration of the course.
This course provides fundamental product knowledge and systematic tasting skills. You will:
- Explore major spirits categories and styles, as well as liqueurs, vermouth and cocktails
- Learn in detail about the 4 main steps in spirits production
- Learn what labelling terms mean
- Develop assessment and description skills as you sample a range of benchmark examples using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Understand basic principles of spirits storage and service
- Learn about cocktail equipment, ingredients, basic techniques and main cocktail families
Upon successful completion of a 50-question multiple-choice exam you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- WSET eBook Study Pack
- Tutored tasting of spirits samples aligned with WSET specifications
- Practice exam
- 6 ISO tasting glasses. If you wish to purchase a set ($35) please let us know when you register.
- a spittoon
All WSET textbooks and study guides are in an eBook format.
In-class Monday evening sessions, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at IWEG (January 10, 17, 24, 31 and February 7, 2022)
Instructor: Chris Robertson, DipWSET, Senior Director, Beer, Cider & Ready-To-Drink, LCBO
Final Exam via WSET Remote Invigilation Services for those who meet the WSET's remote exam requirements.
Registration and Payment: Please create an account and login to register on our website. Click the PayPal button to charge tuition directly to your credit card (no PayPal account needed). If you require assistance or alternative payment methods, please call 416-534-2570.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Please read IWEG's Cancellation and Refund Policy for carefully before registering for courses.
Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
WSET Level 2 Award in SpiritsFee: $950 January 10 - February 7, 2022
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Started Jan. 10, 2022Cost: $950 IWEG Drinks Academy
Enroll for this Class ($950)
This is the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits delivered "In-Class" at IWEG. Instructor: Chris Robertson, DipWSET, Senior Director, Beer, Cider & Ready-To-Drink, LCBO There will be five x 2-hour in-person classes, including tasting sessions, at IWEG: Mondays, January 10, 17, 24, 31, and February 7, 2022 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Final Exam via WSET Remote Invigilation Services for those who meet the WSET's remote exam requirements.