WSET - Level 1 Sake WSET
WSET Level 1 Award in Sake & so much more...
A beginner level introduction to sake for those starting a career in the industry or beginning to explore sake for personal interest.
This 6-hour, one-day course provides a hands-on introduction to the world of sake, and sake and food pairing. You will:
- Explore the main types and styles of sake through sight, smell, and taste
- Develop an understanding of the factors affecting sake aroma and flavour
- Practice describing sake accurately, using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake
- Learn how to serve and store sake
- Experiment with food and sake interaction
Upon successful completion of a 30-question multiple-choice exam you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- WSET L1 Sake Workbook
- Tutored tasting of 10 samples, aligned with WSET specification
- Enhanced food and sake pairing exercises (alert us to allergies/preferences upon registering)
- Guided review to help prepare for the multiple-choice exam
Available formats: Daytime (Saturdays)
IWEG now offers an alternative to Pay Pal; to charge tuition directly to your credit card please call into the office at 416-534-2570.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Withdrawal up to specific course deadline date: Refund of tuition, less $150 administration fee. Withdrawal after deadline date no refund. Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
Policy on changing your exam date to an alternative date.
Please note IWEG's policy on changing your exam date:
When you register for a WSET or WSG course, you are booked to take your exam on a specific date, which is indicated in your Course Schedule. You can view this before registering, and when you register, you will be reminded.
If you decide not to write your exam on the date you are registered for, this is what you must know:
· For WSET Levels 1 to 3 and WSG courses, you have to ask to change the date at least 15 days before the exam date, by writing to email@example.com.
· For WSET Level 4 Diploma you have to ask to change the date at least 75 days before the exam date, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· You must pick a new exam date within 12 months from the start of your current course.
· You may change your exam date a maximum of two times during the 12 months. You can choose from any exam dates/re-sit dates listed on the course page of the IWEG website. It is possible that your first choice may not work, if the exam is full.
· Each time you change your exam date, there is a $150 fee.
· After the 12-month period, from the start of your current course, if you still need to sit the exam, you will be charged an exam “re-sit” fee, which varies depending on the course, as well as the $150 fee.
· The only exception to this policy is in case of a valid and verified personal or family emergency, subject to approval from WSET and WSG.