WSET - Level 1 Spirits WSET
A beginner level spirits course for those starting a career in the industry or beginning to explore spirits for personal interest.
This 6-hour course provides a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits, liqueurs and cocktails. You will:
- Explore the main types and styles of spirits through sight, smell, and taste
- Learn how to describe spirits accurately using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Develop an understanding of the main steps of spirits production
- Enjoy an extended exploration of cocktails, led by instructor Christina Veira, IWEG's WSET Certified Lead Spirits Educator
Upon successful completion of a 30-question multiple-choice exam you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- WSET Level Award in Spirits Workbook
- Tutored tasting of 9 benchmark spirits, and 2 cocktails
- Hands-on group activities
- Guided review to help prepare for the multiple-choice exam
- Special cocktail session with a cocktail expert
Available course formats: One full Saturday 9:30am to 4:45pm OR two consecutive Thursdays 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- Overview of spirits production
- WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- Basics of distillation and maturation
- Tutored tasting of Vodka, Cognac, Whiskey/Whisky and Rum
- Review activities
- Tutored tasting of Tequila and Gin
- Introduction to storage and service of spirits
- Hands-on cocktail experience
IWEG now offers an alternative to Pay Pal; to charge tuition directly to your credit card please call into the office at 416-534-2570.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Please read IWEG's Cancellation and Refund Policy carefully before registering for courses.
Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.