WSET - Level 2 Spirits WSET
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
A beginner to intermediate level spirits course for enthusiasts or those working in the industry, or hoping to enter the industry.
Prerequisite: None. Expect to spend 12 hours of preparation and review outside of the classroom over the duration of the course.
This 15-hour course provides fundamental product knowledge and systematic tasting skills. You will:
- Explore major spirits categories and styles, as well as liqueurs, vermouth and cocktails
- Learn in detail about the 4 main steps in spirits production
- Learn what labelling terms mean
- Develop assessment and description skills as you sample a range of benchmark examples using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Understand basic principles of spirits storage and service
- Learn hands-on about cocktail equipment, ingredients, basic techniques and main cocktail families
- Visit a local distillery for a tour and tasting
Upon successful completion of a 50-question multiple-choice exam you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- WSET course-pack (text book, study guide, SAT card)
- Tutored tasting of 30 samples aligned with WSET specifications
- 6 ISO tasting glasses
- Practice exam
- Distillery tour
Weekly – 7 x once per week evenings (7:00pm to 9:00 pm), exam on week 7. Additional evening for distillery tour.
IWEG now offers an alternative to Pay Pal; to charge tuition directly to your credit card please call into the office at 416-534-2570.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Withdrawal up to specific course deadline date: Refund of tuition, less $150 administration fee. Withdrawal after deadline date no refund. Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
Policy on changing your exam date to an alternative date.
Please note IWEG's policy on changing your exam date:
When you register for a WSET or WSG course, you are booked to take your exam on a specific date, which is indicated in your Course Schedule. You can view this before registering, and when you register, you will be reminded.
If you decide not to write your exam on the date you are registered for, this is what you must know:
· For WSET Levels 1 to 3 and WSG courses, you have to ask to change the date at least 15 days before the exam date, by writing to email@example.com.
· For WSET Level 4 Diploma you have to ask to change the date at least 75 days before the exam date, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· You must pick a new exam date within 12 months from the start of your current course.
· You may change your exam date a maximum of two times during the 12 months. You can choose from any exam dates/re-sit dates listed on the course page of the IWEG website. It is possible that your first choice may not work, if the exam is full.
· Each time you change your exam date, there is a $150 fee.
· After the 12-month period, from the start of your current course, if you still need to sit the exam, you will be charged an exam “re-sit” fee, which varies depending on the course, as well as the $150 fee.
· The only exception to this policy is in case of a valid and verified personal or family emergency, subject to approval from WSET and WSG.
WSET Level 2 Award In Spirits SPIRITS -SPRING 2019Fee: $850 April 23 - June 4, 2019
WSET Level 2 Award In Spirits SPIRITS -SPRING 2019 Starts Apr. 23, 2019Cost: $850 IWEG Drinks Academy - Downtown
Enroll for this Class ($850)
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits (updated cuurriculum). Classes run ON TUESDAYS April 23, 2019 - May 28, 2019 @ 7PM-9:00PM. Final Exam June 4, 2019 @ 7pm. Students will receive study materials the first night of class and tasting glasses will be provided. Students are provided with a class schedule and are expected to prepare for all classes moving forward. This course also includes a tour of a local Distillery which will be a great hands-on complement to students' studies.