WSET - Level 2 Spirits WSET
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
A beginner to intermediate level spirits course for enthusiasts or those working in the industry, or hoping to enter the industry.
Prerequisite: None. Expect to spend 12 hours of preparation and review outside of the classroom over the duration of the course.
This 15-hour course provides fundamental product knowledge and systematic tasting skills. You will:
- Explore major spirits categories and styles, as well as liqueurs, vermouth and cocktails
- Learn in detail about the 4 main steps in spirits production
- Learn what labelling terms mean
- Develop assessment and description skills as you sample a range of benchmark examples using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Understand basic principles of spirits storage and service
- Learn hands-on about cocktail equipment, ingredients, basic techniques and main cocktail families
Upon successful completion of a 50-question multiple-choice exam you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- WSET eBook Study Pack
- Tutored tasting of spirits samples aligned with WSET specifications
- Practice exam
- 6 ISO tasting glasses. If you wish to puchase a set ($30) please let us know when you register.
- a spittoon
"Blended" delivery model of five, 2-hr online theory sessions, delivered on Zoom, two in-person tasting workshops and a final exam delivered through Remote Invigilation
- October 19, 2020: Session 1 (Zoom) Intro and Principles of Distillation, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- October 26, 2020: Session 2 (Zoom) Principles (cont) and Fruit Spirits, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- November 2, 2020: Session 3 (Zoom) Whisky/Whiskey, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- November 9, 2020 : Tasting workshop 1 @ IWEG 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- November 16, 2020: Session 4 (Zoom) Rum Tequila, Mezcal, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- November 23, 2020: Session 5 (Zoom) Vodka, Flavoured Spirits, Cocktails, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- November 30, 2020 Tasting workshop 2 @ IWEG 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- December 2020: Remote Invigilation exam
Registration and Payment: Please create an account and login to register on our website. Click the PayPal button to charge tuition directly to your credit card (no PayPal account needed). If you require assistance or alternative payment methods, please call 416-534-2570.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Withdrawal up to specific course deadline date: Refund of tuition, less $150 administration fee. Withdrawal after deadline date no refund. Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
Policy on changing your exam date to an alternative date.
Please note IWEG's policy on changing your exam date:
When you register for a WSET or WSG course, you are booked to take your exam on a specific date, which is indicated in your Course Schedule. You can view this before registering, and when you register, you will be reminded.
If you decide not to write your exam on the date you are registered for, this is what you must know:
· For WSET Levels 1 to 3 and WSG courses, you have to ask to change the date at least 15 days before the exam date, by writing to email@example.com.
· For WSET Level 4 Diploma you have to ask to change the date at least 75 days before the exam date, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· You must pick a new exam date within 12 months from the start of your current course.
· You may change your exam date a maximum of two times during the 12 months. You can choose from any exam dates/re-sit dates listed on the course page of the IWEG website. It is possible that your first choice may not work, if the exam is full.
· Each time you change your exam date, there is a $150 fee.
· After the 12-month period, from the start of your current course, if you still need to sit the exam, you will be charged an exam “re-sit” fee, which varies depending on the course, as well as the $150 fee.
· The only exception to this policy is in case of a valid and verified personal or family emergency, subject to approval from WSET and WSG.
WSET Level 2 Award in SpiritsFee: $950 October 19 - November 30, 2020
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Started Oct. 19, 2020Cost: $950 IWEG Drinks Academy - Tasting Workshops Only
Enroll for this Class ($950)
This is the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits with Christina Veira, WSET Certified Educator, in a blended format, for fall 2020. Five x 2-hour online synchronous sessions (live and recorded) on the Zoom platform. October 19, 26, November 2,16, 23 2020 from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm. In-class tasting and exam preparation workshop at IWEG November 9, 30, 2020 6:30 pm to 8:30pm. Remote Invigilation Exam on December 5 2020 at 11:30am Eastern time. In-person exam date to be determined. About Christina Viera: Christina Veira was honored to be chosen as one of Imbibe Magazine’s Imbibe 75, "one of the people, places and directions that will shape the way you drink in 2019". Most recently, she curated the Bar & Beverage Pavilion at Restaurants Canada Show and Speed Rack Canada (Seasons 3 & 4). She has occupied every front-of-house position (and a couple in the kitchen) while pursuing certifications in wine and beer, even winning a cocktail competition here and there. When not in her present role managing a multi-venue event space, her focus is on industry education, event execution and using the hospitality industry as a catalyst for community engagement and fundraising. She aims to establish her project “Side Duties” as a registered Canadian non-profit with the goal of linking the hospitality industry with local charities and initiatives that are mutually beneficial. Over the course of the last few years, she has been able to harness her skills while raising over $50k for Nellie’s Women’s Shelter and various other charities.