WSET Level 3 Award in Sake WSET
This is an advanced level course for sake industry professionals or sake enthusiasts, taught by WSET Certified Sake Educator and Sake Samurai, Michael Tremblay.
About this course:
This course provides in-depth understanding of the production methods that affect sake style, quality and price. It develops systematic tasting and description skills, as well as the ability to make recommendations. You will:
- Explore in detail the techniques employed in sake production
- Understand how these techniques affect sake style and quality
- Experience a range of principal and specialty types of sake, evaluating quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake® (SAT) during the tasting and exam preparation workshop.
- Appreciate the historic and current cultural and commercial significance of sake in Japan and in export markets
- Assess and describe sake with confidence, and be able to make selection, storage and service suggestions
Upon successful completion of a tasting test AND a theory test, consisting of multiple-choice and short-written answers, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
Prerequisite: None. However, successful completion of WSET Level 1 Award in Sake is strongly recommended. Expect to spend an additional 25 hours of preparation and review over the duration of the course, outside of the online sessions.
The Course includes:
- WSET e-book study pack
- Tutored tasting of sake styles specified by WSET, under the guidance of Michael Tremblay, Sake Samurai, Ontario’s first certified Advanced Sake Professional and a WSET Certified Sake Educator
- Exam registration with WSET
$950 CAD inclusive of all materials and tuition. Please note that IWEG tuition is HST exempt by the CRA. Income tax receipts for the tuition fee are issued to all students for the applicable tax year.
Please pay the fee by clicking the PayPal button to charge tuition directly to your credit card (no PayPal account needed), or via interac etransfer to email@example.com.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy
Please read IWEG's Cancellation and Refund Policy carefully before registering for courses.
Please note that all course materials are paid upon registration and are non-refundable.