WSET Level 3 Wines WSET
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
An advanced level course for wine industry professionals, or those seeking to join the profession, or for wine enthusiasts wishing to develop a deeper understanding of wine.
Prerequisite: None, however successful completion of WSET Level 2 Wines
and Spirits is recommended, or an equivalent level of wine knowledge, as is experience with writing English at the college level. Expect to spend 50 hours of preparation and
review outside of the classroom over the duration of the course. Please contact the office if you wish
to take an optional “readiness” exam.
This 40-hour course provides in-depth and detailed understanding of how human and natural factors in vineyard and winery affect wine style, quality and price. It further develops systematic tasting and description skills. You will:
- Explore in detail grape varieties, wines and wine-growing regions
- Develop a thorough understanding of grape-growing and wine-making practices
- Be able to explain how and why various vineyard and winery factors shape wines of all styles and quality levels
- Assess and describe wine with confidence, and be able to make storage and service suggestions
- Learn how to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their
quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®
Upon successful completion of a tasting test and a theory test - please note candidates are required to pass both components with at least 55% - you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- WSET course-pack (text book, study guide, SAT card)
- Tutored tasting of all wines, sparkling wines and fortified wines specified by WSET
- Thirty minutes per session of exam prep including progressive writing exercises, quizzes, and blind tasting practice
- Access to seven formal tests, with feedback provided by IWEG’s Director of Education
- Access to IWEG’s unique student resources, including videos, maps, slide presentations, a weekly study planning guide and two extensive study packs
Bonus class on Californian wines presented by the California Wine Institute
Weekly Format: 16 x Once per week evening classes (7:00 pm to 9:30 pm);
Bi-Weekly Format: 16 sessions x 2 per week evening classes (7:00 pm to 9:30 pm);
Condensed Format: 8 full “condensed days” Mondays (10:30 am to 4:00 pm).
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Withdrawal up to 2 weeks prior to course start date: Refund of tuition, less $150 administration fee. Withdrawal between 2 weeks and 3 days prior to course start date: Refund of 50% of tuition less $150 administration fee. Withdrawal 3 days or less to course start date: No refund. Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
Condensed classes only: Withdrawal up to 4 weeks prior to course start date: Refund of tuition, less $150 administration fee. Withdrawal 4 weeks prior to course start date: No refund. Students are sent study packs upon tuition payment so they can begin preparation for class and therefore all course materials are non-refundable.
Policy on changing your exam date to an alternative date.
Please note IWEG's policy on changing your exam date:
When you register for a WSET or WSG course, you are booked to take your exam on a specific date, which is indicated in your Course Schedule. You can view this before registering, and when you register, you will be reminded.
If you decide not to write your exam on the date you are registered for, this is what you must know:
· For WSET Levels 1 to 3 and WSG courses, you have to ask to change the date at least 15 days before the exam date, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For WSET Level 4 Diploma you have to ask to change the date at least 75 days before the exam date, by writing to email@example.com.
· You must pick a new exam date within 12 months from the start of your current course.
· You may change your exam date a maximum of two times during the 12 months. You can choose from any exam dates/re-sit dates listed on the course page of the IWEG website. It is possible that your first choice may not work, if the exam is full.
· Each time you change your exam date, there is a $150 fee.
· After the 12-month period, from the start of your current course, if you still need to sit the exam, you will be charged an exam “re-sit” fee, which varies depending on the course, as well as the $150 fee.· The only exception to this policy is in case of a valid and verified personal or family emergency, subject to approval from WSET and WSG.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines WINTER 2019 Started Jan. 15, 2019Cost: $1,675 IWEG Drinks Academy - Downtown
Enroll for this Class ($1,675)
Tuesdays, January 15th - May 14th, 2019. 7pm - 9:30pm (No class March 12th - Reading Break) Final Exam May 14th @ 7pm. Students are required to come to class prepared and read the appropriate chapters in advance. Every week will involve activities and group work to maximize students' learning. Study packs are available for pickup in advance. Students have access to additional course materials through their IWEG student account, it is highly recommended that familiarize with these tools. IWEG now offers an alternative to Pay Pal; to charge tuition directly to your credit card please call into the office at 416-534-2570.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines CONDENSED Spring 2019 Starts Mar. 25, 2019Cost: $1,675 IWEG Drinks Academy - Downtown
Enroll for this Class ($1,675)
Deadline to register is March 4th 2019.
This is the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines in Condensed format.
Classes will run 8 full Mondays March 25th - May 27th 2019. 10:30AM - 4:00PM. There will no classes on April 22nd (Easter Monday) and May 20th (Victoria Day) . Final Exam is Monday, June 3rd @ 10:30am.
Students will receive materials upon receipt of tuition. It is important to begin reading and to cover all materials at least once prior to the course commencing. Therefore it is recommended that students confirm registration at least 6 weeks in advance of class start date and no later than the deadline for registration. Please bring 6 ISO glasses to class. Students will also have access to additional course materials through their IWEG student account, it is highly recommended that they avail themselves to these tools. IWEG now offers an alternative to Pay Pal; to charge tuition directly to your credit card please call into the office at 416-534-2570.