WSET Level 3 Wines WSET
WSET Level 3
Award in Wines
An advanced level course for wine industry professionals, those seeking to join the profession, or for wine enthusiasts wishing to develop a deeper understanding of wine.
None, however successful completion of WSET Level 2 Wines is recommended, or an equivalent level of wine knowledge. Experience with writing English at the college level would be beneficial. Expect to spend 50 hours of preparation and review outside of the classroom over the duration of the course.
This 40-hour course provides in-depth and detailed understanding of how human and natural factors in vineyard and winery affect wine style, quality and price. It further develops systematic tasting and description skills.
This course will:
- Explore in detail grape varieties, wines and wine-growing regions
- Develop a thorough understanding of grape-growing and wine-making practices
- Explain how and why various vineyard and winery factors shape wines of all styles and quality levels
- Help you assess and describe wine with confidence, and be able to make storage and service suggestions
- Teach how to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Upon successful completion of a tasting exam and a theory exam you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo. Please note candidates are required to pass both components with at least 55% or more.
Please read the course specification.
This course includes:
- WSET eBook Study Pack
- Tutored tasting of all wines, sparkling wines and fortified wines specified by WSET
- Thirty minutes per session of exam prep including progressive writing exercises, quizzes, and blind tasting practice
- Access to formal tests, with feedback provided by IWEG’s Director of Education
- Access to IWEG’s unique student resources, including videos, maps, slide presentations, a weekly study planning guide and two extensive study packs
All WSET textbooks and study guides are in an eBook format.
You will need to bring:
- 6 ISO tasting glasses. If you wish to purchase a set ($35) please let us know when you register.
- a spittoon
For the Winter 2022 Semester we will return to in-class learning. Please note that a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy is in place at IWEG until further notice. If you are planning to register for this course, we will verify your vaccination status before allowing you to attend classes.
IWEG's Cancellation and Refund policy:
Please read IWEG's Cancellation and Refund Policy carefully before registering for courses.
Please note all course materials are paid upon registration, and are non-refundable.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines - January 2022Fee: $1,675 January 19 - May 4, 2022
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines - Condensed Format, March 2022Fee: $1,675 March 26 - May 28, 2022
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines - January 2022 Starts Jan. 19, 2022Cost: $1,675 IWEG Drinks Academy
Enroll for this Class ($1,675)
Wednesdays, January 19th - May 4th, 2022. 6:30pm - 9:00pm (No class March 16th - Reading Break). Final Exam: May 11th 2022 at 6:30pm. Additional Information: Students are required to come to class prepared and read the appropriate chapters in advance. Every week will involve activities and group work to maximize students' learning. Students will receive estudy materials upon confirmation of registration. Students have access to additional course materials through their IWEG student account. It is highly recommended that students familiarize themselves with these tools. Registration and Payment: Please create an account and login to register on our website. Click the PayPal button to charge tuition directly to your credit card (no PayPal account needed). If you require assistance or alternative payment methods, please email email@example.com.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines - Condensed Format, March 2022 Starts Mar. 26, 2022Cost: $1,675 IWEG Drinks Academy
Enroll for this Class ($1,675)
This is the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines "in-class" in a Condensed format. Dates: 8 full Saturdays, from MARCH 26th 2022 - MAY 21st 2022. Time: 10:30AM - 4:00PM. Final Exam: Saturday MAY 28th 2022 at 10:30am. Additional Information: Students will receive ematerials upon receipt of tuition. It is important to begin reading and to cover all materials at least once prior to the course commencing. Therefore it is recommended that students confirm registration at least 6 weeks in advance of class start date and no later than the deadline for registration. Please bring 6 ISO glasses to class. Students will also have access to additional course materials through their IWEG student account; it is highly recommended that they avail themselves to these tools. Registration and Payment: Please create an account and login to register on our website. Click the PayPal button to charge tuition directly to your credit card (no PayPal account needed). If you require assistance or alternative payment methods, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.