IWEG's Complaints Policy for WSET qualifications Jan. 02, 2020« Back to News
At IWEG, each of our students is important to us, and we believe you have the right to fair, swift and courteous service.
Once we are in receipt of your formal complaint, we will deal with it promptly, effectively and in a positive manner.
The school operates a complaints procedure for WSET qualifications through which it aims to resolve concerns as quickly as possible.
A complainant may be a student or prospective student. All complaints will be taken seriously and dealt with impartially.
We aim to assist students in resolving issues regarding registering for courses or non–exam related concerns and to promote a positive experience.
IWEG will do its best to resolve student complaints relating to WSET academic and non-academic issues in a timely manner with the aim of settling a formal complaint within 20 working days or less.
On occasion, the process may take longer, especially if the complaint advances to senior managers of the school.
Records of students’ complaints will be retained for two years. No student will be treated unfairly, criticized or retaliated against for using this procedure in a cooperative manner.
If you have a complaint or concern that you wish to raise, please contact IWEG’s Student Services at email@example.com.
- Your complaint should be submitted in writing by email to the:
Student Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org (adding ref: complaint) or by post to:
Student Services Manager
Independent Wine Education Guild
211 Yonge Street, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1M4
We are committed to dealing with your complaint without any discrimination or prejudice. Please note, your complaint will be confidential.
- Please provide us with your contact details (address, email address, telephone number), specific details of the complaint and any supporting evidence you may have or details of any previous attempts you have made to resolve your complaint.
- Your complaint will be dealt with by IWEG’s Student Services Manager. We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and endeavour to send a final response to you within 20 working days of the date you raised it with us. If we are unable to provide you with a final response within this time frame, we will send you an update explaining why and advise as to when you can expect a final response.
- If more than six weeks from the date of your complaint has passed and you haven’t received a final response from us, or you are still dissatisfied with the response you have received (at any stage of the process), your complaint will be referred to IWEG’s Education Director who will respond within 5 to 7 business days.
- If the response you received from IWEG’s Education Director is still not satisfactory, then your complaint will be referred to IWEG’s Executive Director, who will review with IWEG’s Board of Directors and respond within 7 to 10 business days.
- If the response you received from IWEG’s Executive Director is still not satisfactory and you have exhausted all possibilities with IWEG, you may file a complaint with WSET's Quality Assurance team about IWEG on email@example.com. WSET’s Quality Assurance team will respond to you within 7 to 10 business days.
- If you are still dissatisfied with the response you have received from WSET’s Quality Assurance team, you can write and forward your complaint to:
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
438 University Avenue, 5th Floor.
Toronto, Ontario, M7A 2A5.
Tel: 416-325-2929 or Toll-Free 1-800-387-5514