Wines of Peloponnese Trade Trip Competition Contest Rules May. 02, 2018« Back to News
Win a place on a trade trip to the Peloponnese from July 1- 7, 2018 and experience the region’s exciting wines and producers!
To enter the "Write to Win" competition, IWEG students need to write and submit a paper, not more than 3 pages, single-spaced (maximum 1,500 words) on the topic “How to increase the presence and sales of Peloponnesian wines in Ontario” by June 1, 2018 @ 5:00PM EST. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org your interest to participate in the competition by May 24, 2018.
Entries must be submitted online to email@example.com or by mail to the school premises (211 Yonge Street, Suite 501, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1M4) addressed “Wines of Peloponnese Competition". The winner will be announced on June 8, 2018.
- Competition opens on May 3, 2018
- Deadline to express interest: May 24, 2018
- Deadline to submit entries: June 1, 2018 at 5:00pm EST
- Winner announced: June 8, 2018
- Trade Trip to Peloponnese: July 1 to 7, 2018
- Sunday 1st July: Arrival from Canada (stay at Athens)
- Monday 2nd July: Aegialia - Patras (stay at Kalavrita or Patras)
- Tuesday 3rd July: Ilia (stay at Olympia)
- Wednesday 4th July: Messinia and Lakonia (stay at Monemvasia)
- Thursday 5th July: Mantinia (stay at Tripoli)
- Friday 6th July: Nemea (stay Nafplion)
- Saturday 7th July: Departure from Athens to Canada
- The competition is open to all IWEG students. A student is defined as someone who has registered for a course and attended IWEG in the last three academic years or is enrolled to attend a course(s) in the current academic year of July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
- Each competition submission (the “Paper”) can only have one author, and any trade trip (prize) awarded will be attributed solely to the author of the “Paper”. The prize is non–transferable.
- The “Paper” must be between 1,000-1,500 words, or a maximum of three pages (paper size: 8.5 x 11 inches). Each entry must be a single document with the header of each page of the “Paper” to include the author’s full name and page number
- Each “Paper” submission must include a cover page, with the name of the author, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Only one submission per discreet author will be authorized into the competition.
- The Competition will run from May 3rd 2018 to June 1st 2018. Entries must be submitted online by June 1st 2018, 5:00 pm EST, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the school premises (211 Yonge Street, Suite 501, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1M4) addressed “WOP Competition”.
- Entries may only be submitted once. Further submissions with revisions will not be accepted.
- Entries received after the deadline will not be entered into the competition.
- If applicable, entries must include references cited from sources. Any academically acceptable referencing style may be used.
- Only original work will be accepted and judged, with particular attention placed on the clear expression of ideas, as well as an understanding of commercial and competitive issues of the wine industry in Ontario and subsequent impact of measures proposed. Failure to follow these rules may lead to disqualification from the competition.
- A committee composed, of WOP and IWEG representatives (2 each) will judge the winning entries. IWEG’s representatives on the committee will be: Paul Miles, Executive Director and Julia Rogers, Director of Education. WOP’s representatives will be Ted Kalaboukis, Principal, and Pam Panesar, Account Manager.
- The winning entry will be announced by IWEG on June 8, 2018. The judging committee’s decision is final. All entries and ideas become the property of WOP.
- In addition to receiving the WOP prize (invitation to accompany a trade trip on July 1, 2018) the winner’s name and photograph may be published in IWEG’s monthly newsletter and used in communications elsewhere by WOP.
- July 1st 2018. Winner participates in the “Wines of Peloponnese Trade Trip” to the Peloponnese region. The following costs are covered by Wines of Peloponnese: flight, transportation to wineries, accommodations and meals are included. All other personal expenditures (e.g. hotel mini-bar) are borne by the participating prizewinner.